There are few products out there that I haven’t tried. I spend a small fortune on a trendy product only to find it A. doesn’t work B. smells weird C. I can’t afford to keep using it. It’s a never ending cycle of money down the drain and a stockpile of products I’ll never use.
I became interested in activated charcoal when I noticed a lot of drinks being put on the market with it as an ingredient. After some research I was intrigued with the many different ways it can benefit your body.
- Activated charcoal can be used to whiten your teeth, balance the pH levels in your mouth and prevent cavaties, bad breath and gum disease.
- Taken as a supplement before a meal, it can prevent gas and bloating
- Activated charcoal is used in hospitals to treat alcohol poisoning. It can also be used as a preventative to hangovers.
- Activated charcoal can help reverse the effects that mold in your home can have on your body. Read more here.
- Activated charcoal can be used to purify water.
- For external treatments, activated charcoal can help body odor and acne and relieving bug bites, rashes from poison ivy/oak, and snake bites.
- Activated charcoal can help create a healthy digestive tract by removing toxins that cause allergic reactions, oxidative damage and poor immune system function.