Activated Charcoal : Products You Need Now

There are few products out there that I haven’t tried. I spend a small fortune on a trendy product only to find it A. doesn’t work B. smells weird C. I can’t afford to keep using it. It’s a never ending cycle of money down the drain and a stockpile of products I’ll never use.

I became interested in activated charcoal when I noticed a lot of drinks being put on the market with it as an ingredient. After some research I was intrigued with the many different ways it can benefit your body.

• Activated charcoal can be used to whiten your teeth, balance the pH levels in your mouth and prevent cavaties, bad breath and gum disease.
  • Taken as a supplement before a meal, it can prevent gas and bloating
  • Activated charcoal is used in hospitals to treat alcohol poisoning. It can also be used as a preventative to hangovers.
  • Activated charcoal can help reverse the effects that mold in your home can have on your body. Read more here.
  • Activated charcoal can be used to purify water.
  • For external treatments, activated charcoal can help body odor and acne and relieving bug bites, rashes from poison ivy/oak, and snake bites.
  • Activated charcoal can help create a healthy digestive tract by removing toxins that cause allergic reactions, oxidative damage and poor immune system function.
    Bamboo Charcoal Purifying Mask
    Binchotan Charcoal Standard Toothbrush
    Charcoal Toothbrush
    Binchotan Facial Soap
    Bichotan Facial Soap

xx Jill

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. This is so interesting! I’m definitely going to look into try it for my teeth/skin. Thanks for the info!

2. I’ve been seriously curious about this kind of stuff! I’m going to try some of it out. Of course I already love it for my skin.

3. Natalie says:

Why have I never heard of this?! I kind of want to try it in ALL the ways you listed. Have you tried it yet??

1. Natalie, I have! The activated charcoal teeth whitening powder is a GODSEND! and I also take Charcoal supplements. I’m looking into making my own charcoal face masks as well!

4. Stacy says:

I love activated charcoal! So many great uses. Very helpful post!

5. Delaney says:

Very interesting! I was aware of using activated charcoal for teeth whitening, but I didn’t know it had so many other benefits! I will definitely have to try it out for some of those other purposes!

6. Logan says:

Love this!! I’m so curious now i’ve never heard of some of these.

7. myworldfem says:

This is so interesting! I’m planning on purchasing the activated charcoal teeth whitening powder. It seems like everyone is loving it 🙂

1. Yes! Total game changer!

8. This is so helpful!! I keep reading about activated charcoal, but didn’t actually know WHY everyone thinks its so great. I’ll definitely be checking out all of these things!

9. Michelle says:

Oh wow, this is so interesting! I had heard talk of activated charcoal, but didn’t know what the fuss was about. I’m going to check some of this stuff out, thanks! x

10. kristiblount says:

I’ve been thinking about trying the activated charcoal for my teeth! I use a charcoal bar, charcoal mist, and charcoal mask for my face already and an activated charcoal based-deodorant that I love!