Stop laughing. I know this should say “less stressful” not stress free because, let’s get real. However I have manage to greatly slim down my morning routine, and in the process have stopped using 1. too much makeup 2. too much heat styling on my hair and 3. way too much water in the shower.
- Take a shower or bath at night. If you need a shower to “wake you up” in the morning you can just rinse off quickly. I shower after the gym (or dinner if I’m lazy and skip the gym, which happens…often) and put my hair in a top bun and straighten or wave it in the morning. This way I don’t have to spend 15 minutes blow drying it before work.
- Make lunches in batches on Sundays or the night before. My fiancé is much better at doing this than I am. I’m typically throwing leftovers in my purse on my way out the door, but he actually makes breakfast AND lunch the night before.
- Either lay out or clothes or think about a few things you might want to wear the night before. Weather can be unpredictable so make sure you turn on the news when you get up so you’re not running out the door in suede heels and it’s pouring outside.
- Check your calendar for the next day at the end of your work day. This way there are (usually) no surprises and you can make calls when it’s convenient for you instead of rushing into work. This goes for emails as well. Emailing on the highway…not a great idea.
- Have 2 travel bottles RTG. One for coffee/juice/smoothie and a larger one for water. You won’t believe how much better you feel when you start drinking water first thing in the morning and keep it going throughout the day.
- Leave time to say Good Morning and I love you to your significant other/family. You aren’t going to see each other again for hours and it will start your day on a positive note.
What do you do for a stress free morning?