It makes me so happy to see people realizing the amazing effects natural remedies can have on your health. However, a lot of people still rely on misleading labels that are put on packaging instead of doing a little bit of research before buying. One of the best ways to avoid being misled is to stick to items that contain 5 ingredients or less and making sure you know what those ingredients are.
Apple cider vinegar has long been under-appreciated for all the amazing health benefits it has. Choose one that is organic, preferably unfiltered (these have natural settlement so don’t be freaked out by it).
- It will amp up any salad dressing – but I like a simple ACV, lemon juice and EVOO mixture. Clean and bright, perfect for a healthy, happy lunch at work.
- It can be used as a weed killer & fertilizer in your garden. An ORGANIC weed killer & fertilizer that is also safe to use if you have pets. (Pets that eat and dig in your garden… I have no advice for you.)
- ACV can be used as an astringent on your skin to give you a beautiful glow. However, be sure to consult with your derm before use to ensure this will work with your skin type.
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties in ACV can help calm and regulate an upset stomach, just add a little water if it’s too strong for you to drink alone.
- Rinsing your hair with ACV can degunk it and get your shine back.
- Research has shown that ACV in your regular diet (added to drinks and food or sipped on it’s own) can stimulate your cardiovascular system and detoxify your liver. By providing your body with more balanced pH levels, it can also boost your energy level.
ACV has a lot more uses you can easily find by a simple google search. Just be sure to check the source of an article and always ask a doctor if you are unsure.